Welcome back students! Last week many UAS students engaged in a number of learning activities, around the region and traveling to Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Kenya, and engaged in learn activities in the UAE. On February 27th, students will share their learning in an all school assembly, and we are excited to hear about the variety of new skills and connections made to their everyday classroom experience.
6th Grade Sri Lanka Trip
8th Grade Kenya Trip
The Teacher Spotlight this week shines on Mrs. Sarah Ghanem, our Experiential Learning Coordinator, for her work in organizing Week Without Walls. Sarah works tirelessly with numerous providers to help ensure our students have a broad menu of experiences to choose. Thank you Sarah for your hard efforts in supporting Middle School students through these wonderful experiences! Sarah will provide a summary of this year’s experiences during the February 27th School Assembly, and what may be included in the 2019 Week Without Walls.
Sarah Ghanem & A Few of Our Amazing UAS Moms
2nd Semester Begins: Where Will Our Students Go?
On Monday, February 11th students begin their first day of the Second Semester. They will be receiving new schedules in their first period class. Please note schedules have changed and click here for a list of students and their first period class. Lists will also be posted at both ends of the Middle School Hallway. Teachers are also posting the list on their Google Classroom.
Report Cards & Celebrations
The end of a semester and the start of a new is a wonderful time to reflect and celebrate. Report cards, with comments, will be published this Thursday, February 14th. The comments will explain what students have been learning, how they have been assessed, and the next step students should take in their learning.
To celebrate student achievement, on Tuesday, February 19th we are hosting the Celebration of Achievement Awards Ceremony. Awards will include:
- On A Roll Award for students who demonstrated significant academic growth;
- Principals’ Scorpion Award for students embodying the UAS mission and
- Subject Specific Awards.
All students receiving awards and their families will be notified this week.
Middle School Coffee
This Wednesday, February 13th there will be a Middle School Principal’s Coffee where we are looking to hear your voice! We are wondering your thoughts on our grading practices, Week Without Walls, Spring Parent Teacher Conferences, and other issues that are on your mind. The coffee will be from 8:00-9:00 am in the Secondary Library. We hope to see you there!
- Monday, February 11th– First Day of the 2nd Semester
- Monday, February 11th– Sports Camp, Future Engineers, and Performing Arts Week Without Walls Make-Up Day
- Wednesday, February 13th– Middle School Parent Coffee, 8:00-9:00 am in the Secondary Library
- Tuesday, February 19th– Celebration of Achievement at 5:30pm
- Tuesday, February 19th– Scuba Diving and Art Camp Week Without Walls Make-Up Day
- Thursday, February 21st– Virtual Reality Week Without Walls Make-Up Day
- Sunday, February 24th to Thursday, February 28th– Winter MAP Testing
- Monday, February 25th– Season 2 Athletic Awards Night, 6:00-7:30pm in the MPH
NOTE: Important dates are noted on the online school calendar, available online here - 2018-2019 school calendar.