Welcome once again to the AMAZING World of the UAS Middle School!!!!!!
The Middle School will have an open grade book for both parents and students to view beginning next week! WOOHOO!!!! This has been a 3-year journey for us, and I am thrilled to announce that this grade book will finally be available. For your information, the MS will be using an online version of Synergetic, which is our current student management system software. The launch of this online/open grade book will be on Monday, October 30.
On October 30, you will receive an email invitation with complete details as to how you can access the online grade book. Please note that once you enter Synergetic, you will find 3 sources of information:
- You will discover results from any formative assessments your child has completed. Remember that formative assessments help the teacher understand what your student knows and what they are able to do at this point in their learning journey. Data collected from formative assessments help inform and shape teacher instruction, and help inform the student about what learning still needs to occur. Formative assessments are not “graded”, but instead are an opportunity to provide your student with meaningful feedback. If you read this BLOG post last week, you know that students will receive feedback on their formative assessments in one of 5 categories:
- Did Not Demonstrate
- You will discover your child’s summative assessment Remember that the summative assessments are “graded” assessments that occur typically at the end of units of study, and use the 1 to 7 scale. If your child did not complete a summative assessment, they will earn the mark of “incomplete”, and this will be their grade until they have completed the assessment.
- Finally, you will discover teacher comments. October 30 will represent the mid-term point of our first semester, and we will provide a narrative reporting of your child’s current academic progress in each of their classes at this time. This information is important, because the annual parent/teacher conferences will occur two weeks later on November 15 and 16. More information about these conferences is soon to follow, so please stay tuned.
Thank you for listening. I do hope you find this information helpful. I also hope that this message finds you and your family happy and healthy. Until our paths cross in person, please take good care and may peace be upon you.
Important Calendar Items:
- October 29 & 30: No school for students
- October 30: MS online grade book is open to parents/students
- October 31: MS Halloween dress down day
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: November 15 & 16