If you have been a member of the UAS community for some time, you are well aware of the artistic abilities of our students. From the opportunities to perform on our MPH main stage to pop-up venues, our students enjoy expressing themselves. Below you will find two recent examples that absolutely blew me away. The first is a spoken word poem performed by our Student Government President. The passion and confidence with which his words were delivered literally brought tears to my eyes. The second performance was conducted at a fundraiser for Orange Mint, a student-led musical coming in January. It was performed by two of our seniors, one who happens to be a published poet!
Open Mic Afternoon
Nuts & Bolts Issues
- We kindly suggest that parents pick up students from Gate 4 after school. It is a much less congested area and parents will be able to get in and out much faster and safer.
- Quarter 1 reports will be published on November 13th, one day prior to Parent/Teacher Conferences. This report will consist of grades, behavior, effort and attendance numbers. Comments will be included on the end of Semester I and the End of Year reports.
Upcoming Important Dates
- November 1st – 3rd – AUD MUN Conference
- November 5th – Counselor Coffee Morning
- November 5th – UC Davis University Lunch Visit
- November 12th – AUS Lunch Visit
- December 3rd – Counselor Coffee Morning