At last week’s High School Back-to-School Night, I spoke about our High School Core Values. Rather than rehash the presentation, I have included it below:
One glaring omission from the conversation on innovation is the story of our very own Fouad in grade 12. This young man has created a phone app that could run our school’s cafeteria system. Over the summer, Fouad created the product and pitched it to the Senior Leadership Team. We are currently conducting a feasibility study to determine it’s possible use. It is stories like these which highlight how innovative our student body truly is!
From the Counseling Team
With the first month of UAS well on its way, the High School Counseling Office would like to invite you to the first, monthly, Parent Coffee Morning on Monday, October 1, from 8:00 – 9:30am in the Counseling Office. The counselors will be kicking off the month of October with a Counselor-Parent Meet and Greet. At this Parent Coffee Morning session, you will have an opportunity to:
– Meet your child’s counselors
– Learn about the services provided
– Review a timeline of what your child should be doing in each grade level for their social, academic/career development and mental health wellbeing
If you would like to attend this event, please RSVP here. Coffee and lights snacks will be provided.
*The Counseling Office will hold monthly Parent Coffee Mornings on the first Monday of each month. A detailed schedule of future sessions and topics will be sent out at a later date and added to our school calendar.
From the PTSO
Upcoming Important Dates
- October 6th – SAT Test Date
- October 14th – 18th – School Pictures
- October 15th – Grade 12 Family College Night
- October 17th – Principal Coffee Morning