It’s Back to School Night and you are invited! If you are wondering what Back to School Night is, it is an opportunity to do three things:
- Build community by acquainting parents with their children’s teachers.
- Learn about what and how students are learning.
- Develop understanding of the philosophy, assessment and content of our courses.
The idea of the evening is to give parents a choice as to how they would prefer to learn about the curriculum at UAS. In the Main Hall of the MPH there will be booths where parents can approach teachers for smaller discussion, or, parents may choose to attend the more formal sessions led by department heads in the adjacent classrooms.
Structure of the evening.
- Doors open at 5:30 – please arrive by 5:45 latest.
- 6:00 PM – Formal address from High School Leadership team.
- 6:25 PM – Prayer time and opportunity to approach teachers.
- 6:45 – 8:00 PM – Formal presentations occur, or, parents may wish to remain in the main hall.
Schedule of formal presentations.
Room M02/03 Grades 9-10
Room M04/05 Grades 11-12
|Arabic & AFL: 6:45 – 6:55||Science: 6:45 – 6:55|
|Science: 7:30 – 7:40||Humanities: 7:00 – 7:10|
|English: 7:00 – 7:10||Arabic & AFL: 7:15 – 7:25|
|Math: 7:15 – 7:25||English 7:30 – 7:40|
|Humanities: 7:45 – 7:55||Math 7:45 – 7:55|
In the interest of letting our good teachers get home to their families we ask that parents plan how they wish to learn on this evening in advance. We will be closing the event at 8:00 PM.
We look forward to sharing the plans for the year with you!