The first week back was very busy! It was great hearing about what students did during the holidays. I walked the halls last Sunday around 8am and all teachers and students were engaged in instruction. It was like we never had a break! I’m so glad to see that teachers and students were refreshed and ready to get back to work.
This week, we welcomed Maija Ruokanen from Modern Environments for Learning. She is an interior design consulant who is in the process of assessing our learning spaces. Based on research, moving to more flexible learning spaces will incur better learning, better access and a better student experience. Thank you to the parents that met with her, she valued your input. I will send more updates as we move through this very exciting process.
F & P reading assessments will be conducted during the month of January.
The winter MAP administration will be the week of January 19-23.
Sunday, January 12: School closed due to inclement weather
Monday, January 13: Day C
- Arabic A students Exhibition MPH from 8am – 9am
Tuesday, January 14: Day D
- Early Release Tuesday-students are dismissed at 2pm
Wednesday, January 15 : Day E
- Elementary in Action PK-5 for Prospective Parents for 20/21 School Year 8am-9am ES Library
Thursday, January 16: Day F
- ES Assembly 8am-8:45am
ES MAP (January 19 – 23, 2020)
Sunday, January 19: Day G
- ASA Season 2- begins
- MAP Testing begins
- PTSO National Popcorn Day (students bring 5-10dhs) 11:00am- 3:30 pm
Monday, January 20: Day H
Tuesday, January 21: Day A
Wednesday, January 22: Day B
Thursday, January 23: Day C
- ES SEM 1 Report Card issued
- PTSO Chinese New Year Celebration 7:15 am – 9:30 Main Reception
- Students will wear red