Culture of Excellence
The elementary staff participated in wonderful professional development last week. The focus was small group teaching strategies and analyzing student data to plan lessons based on students’ needs. It is critical to understand the importance of data to drive instruction. One research study polled parents and teachers to gain an understanding of their knowledge of student data. You can read more here. We will be discussing how data drives instruction at our next Parent Coffee on November 8th at 8AM.
We will be celebrating Halloween this Wednesday and we encourage students to dress in their costumes. Please do not allow them to bring any type of “play” weapons such as swords that may be included with their costumes.
Calendar of Events
- Monday, October 29, 2018-Dress in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Monday, October 29 – 8:00-9:20-Walk-a-thon – Flyer – Map
- Pink Lemonade sale at lunch – G4/G5
- Tuesday, October 30-7:30-8:30 amParent Literacy workshop (PK-KG1) with Ms. Lisa on
- Wednesday, October 31-7:30 – 8:30 amPTSO Halloween Photo Booth on
- Wednesday, October 31-8:05 – 8:35 am Halloween Parade
- Wednesday, October 31-11:00 – 11:30 am-EY Halloween Trick or Treating-
- Wednesday, October 31-3:30-5:30pm-Movie night by Emirati Committee
- Drawing by me project starts
- Nov. 1st-Order forms will be sent to parents