Dear Parents and Families of UAS Elementary School!
It is almost the end of April….wow, the school year is rapidly progressing. The are several important upcoming events for notification.
Sunday, April 22nd
- Grade 4 & 5 – Student planned and facilitated assembly
Tuesday, April 24th:
- Grade 4 Musical Performance at 1:00pm in the MPH (this time was changed to accommodate parental attendance for the Director’s Forum)
- Director’s Forum in Secondary Library at 7:45am to 9:00am. Among the topics will be the UAS Arabic Program.
Wednesday, April 25th, and Thursday, April 26th:
- Student Led Conferences
- A letter was sent out last week ( SLC Letter Sent Home here ) for SLC family sign-up.
Week of April 22nd
- Elementary Arts Alive Display – The Art Department and Teachers are pleased to announce that the elementary arts alive is officially on view! Our KG2 – 5th Grade students have worked hard since the beginning of the year to create the many different artworks currently hanging in the front and back lobby. Come and browse!!!
Due to the large number of students, only one artwork per student was chosen to be displayed. Parents are encouraged to collect the rest of their child’s art portfolio from the art room during Student Led Conferences.
- ELEMENTARY BOOK FAIR April 22-25! – Readers, start your engines! The spring elementary book fair, sponsored by Bookworm, will take place IN THE ELEMENTARY LIBRARY during school hours, Sunday through Wednesday, April 22-25 (no Thursday hours). Each homeroom teacher will bring students for a preview some time during the week, and students can also visit at any time their teacher allows. (Money envelopes will go home with students this Wednesday, April 18.) Please come by and check out the latest literary offerings, and remember: Readers Are Leaders!
Principal Coffee Held on Wednesday, April 18 Notes
The principal coffee held last Wednesday had 2 agenda items: (1) Parental Dialog about UAS’s Arabic Program; and (2) Brief overview of UAS ES’s Student recognition Program Phase I.
UAS is committed to continual improvement with the goal to provide our students and families with a quality educational program. UAS is in a process of examining its Arabic Language Program. Parents in attendance at the April ES Principal Coffee were asked to provide their thoughts on six questions with the purpose of the Arabic Language Program renewal. Please read the parental insights, suggestions and comments from that meeting – Principal Coffee Forum Notes on Arabic Language Programming
The next Principal Coffee will be held on May 9th with the following topics: Home-School/Classroom Communication Needs; Cafeteria; Overview of learning Support Programs….See you all on May 9th at 8:00am in the ES Library!
Students are diligently working on consolidating their research into a written report and taking action with their group. As part of their action plans, groups are educating other students at UAS and asking for students to participate in a variety of initiatives. Please help your child participate as much as possible in order for our Grade 5 students to have successful action projects. Several Exhibition groups are collecting items as part of their action, such as picture books, canned food, pencils, and gently used clothes. If you have any of these and would like to donate to a good cause, please send them to school with your child or drop them off in the elementary office.
Have a great week!
UAS Elementary Administrative Team