Dear Families of UAS Elementary School,
Thank you all for your support during last week Thursday’s favorite Book Character Parade! How fun it was to see the children dressed up as their favorite book character! In addition to the parade, our students had numerous activities last week to Celebrate Book Week…
Principal’s Coffee – Wednesday, March 14, 8-9 a.m. in ES Library
- Specials Schedule for 18-19 School Year – The ES Administrative Team has very clearly heard parent and student concerns about this year’s “4 week block schedule” for specials. Thus, a change in schedule will occur for the next school year. At this meeting the Administrative Team will hear parent thoughts on their child’s needs in relationship to PE, music, art, lunch and recess/snack
- A student instructional day runs from 7:55 to approximately 3:00. The following time commitments must be built into the daily student schedule:
- KHDA Moral Education – 60 minutes per week
- Arabic Education 40 minutes daily 5 days per week
- Islamic Education/Reading Club 30-40 minutes either 2 days (80 minutes weekly) or 4 days (120 minutes weekly) per week
- Math Curriculum 60 minutes daily
- Literacy Curriculum 80 minutes daily
- Specials (art, music or PE) 45 to 50 minutes daily
- Recess and Lunch/Recess 60 minutes daily
- PYP (science or social studies) 60 minutes daily
- Plus the transition times (5 minutes of movement to or from classroom) between classes, recess, etc…
- Mr. Jones will review and solicit feedback regarding a faculty developed school-wide student behavior reinforcement plan.
David Dorn David Jones
ASAs and Interactive Reading from Sarah Ghanem
The end of UAS’s season 2 ASA is quickly upon us (see below important dates). Sarah would like to take this opportunity to thank all the wonderful teachers and outside providers for offering a wide range of engaging and successful activities this year.
There will be no ASA season 3 due to a short time between Spring break and Ramadan. Plus Ramadan will be 4 weeks during this time period.
ASA Important notes and dates:
- March 15 ASA season 2 and Interactive Reading will end
- March 15 last day of scheduled late / ASA buses
- March 18 ASA season 2 Make up session for only External ASAs Advance Group Tennis, Rhythmic Gymnastics and Easy Peasy coding (as communicated earlier, on that day parents will need to arrange pick up at 4:10pm)
UAS Splash and Dash from Dylan Carter – Co-Athletic Coordinator/Experiential Learning Coordinator
It’s time for the
UAS Splash & Dash!
We want all our fantastic swimmers and runners to come out on Tuesday April 17th.
The event will take place during the school day.
The Splash & Dash is for any STUDENT, PARENT or TEACHER in Elementary (Grades 2-5), Middle & High School.
You can participate Individually or with a Partner.
Elementary students will SWIM 100m (4 laps in pool) and RUN 800m (2 laps of track).
The cost to participate is 75 AED. Participants receive a T-shirt and Winners receive prizes.
To register for this awesome event, you must sign up by clicking HERE.
The Link can also be found on the UAS website.
Once registered you need to make your payment at UAS Accounts.
Please pay to the SPLASH-DASH Account.
Registration & Payment needs to be completed by Wednesday March 21st at 3pm.
We hope to see lots of students competing and having LOADS OF FUN!