Dear Parents and Families of UAS Elementary School,
We had another great week culminating in World Read Aloud Day – students will tell you that it was WRAD! An announcement was made at 8:15 for everyone to ‘drop everything and read.’ Students enjoyed reading with their teachers and some guest readers who came to read with them throughout the day.
Posh Paws came to visit with students in Early Years. Many students were able to see and interact with several types of animals – a great experience for all!
MAP testing is nearly completed. At this Tuesday’s Early Release day teachers will begin using this data along with other data to help make decisions about how to best support our students in their learning.
A few reminders:
- To help with student transitions and minimize possible distractions, please:
- Drop your students off at the playground area in the morning by 7:40 so they can walk with their peers to class. If students aren’t with their class when the anthem plays, they need to report to the Attendance office to get a blue late slip.
- Avoid going to the classroom in the morning so students can get started right away. If you need to inform the teacher of something, please inform the Elementary office, and we will inform the teacher.
- In order to best facilitate afternoon pick up, please adhere to the following times per grade level. This will help both with traffic and the number of people in the hallways.
- KG2 students are released at 3:00.
- Grade 1 parents please wait until 3:10 to pick up your student.
- Other grade levels, please wait until your student comes to you.
- Additionally, we are asking that students not play sports while waiting to be taken home.
- Attendance concerns:
- Please follow Dr. Amna’s advice – keep your child at home if they’re sick, and notify school of the reason for their absence.
- You may receive communication from us regarding your student’s attendance in the form of automatic letters, phone calls, or requested meetings, depending on the number of absences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- No school on February 11, 2018 and no school on February 25, 2018 – both are for Teacher Professional Development.
- This also means that there will be no ASAs and no Interactive Reading groups those days.
Let’s have a great week!
David Dorn and David Jones