Dear Families and Friends of UAS Elementary School,
We hope your National Day Celebration and the 4-day weekend was an enjoyable family time! Thank you all for your support with the school’s celebration of National Day last Thursday. The students came all “decked out” in National Dress or Emirati Flag colors…it was fun to see! A special note of thank you to the UAS High School Emirati Club for the organization and vision for a UAS national Day Celebration…the evening was superb.
Last week, Mr Torris received notification of UAS’s KHDA inspection. The KHDA inspection visit will occur January 8th through the 11th. A team of teachers and administrators will be working diligently over the next 2 weeks of school to prepare the proper documentation for the upcoming inspection. As a school we anticipate a very positive response from KHDA as to our school’s rating. Good things have been happening at UAS with the fruit of those labors coming to bear on this report.
Also last week, it was announced that Mr. Sealy, current High School Principal, will be the new Director for UAS beginning the 18-19 school year. We wish Mr. Sealy a warm congratulations and expect the school’s growth and students’ services to continue to blossom under his leadership.
Upcoming Events at UAS ES:
- Wednesday, December 6th, and Thursday, December 7th, a Grade 1 field trip to a local farm
- Wednesday, December 6th Principal’s Coffee from 8am to 9am in the ES Library with the topics of our Student Aspiration Group, Review of Student Management Data to date, and ask for feedback on a school-wide Student Climate process
- Wednesday, December 6th from 1:20 to 2:30 a Middle School Drama Matinee, Alice in Wonderland, for grades 3 through 5
- Wednesday, December 6th, our ES Choral Group will perform at the Festival of Choirs at Kent College in Dubai
- ES Movie Night, Home Alone, sponsored by the UAS High ~School Student Council from 3:30 to 5:30 held in the Secondary Library on Thursday, December 7…by Parent Permission slip only
- Trimester 1 Progress Reports posted to the portal for parent review on Wednesday, December 13th by 4 pm
- Thursday, December 14th school will be dismissed at noon to begin the 3 week winter break. School will resume on Sunday, January 7th
Have a great week!!!
David Dorn & David Jones