Dear Families of UAS Elementary School,
The Elementary School will host a special guest for our students in Pre K through Grade 2 this coming week! Yes, Santa Claus is coming to the ES Grotto this Thursday morning. Santa will be visited by all classes PreK through Grade 2 within a tight schedule on Thursday morning; students will be able to talk to Santa and a class picture will be taken with Santa, as well. A hearty “Thank You” to our PTSO for helping Santa find his way to UAS…our students will very much enjoy his visit.
A reminder that UAS Elementary ~School Trimester 1 Progress reports will be posted on the “Portal” by 4pm on Wednesday, December 13th.
A couple more important notes for this coming Thursday, December 14:
- Thursday is a Pajama Day dress down event! Students are welcome to bring their favorite stuffed animal as they wear their PJs throughout the day!
- All students PreK through Grade 12 will be dismissed at 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 14 for the start of the Winter Break. School will resume on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
- There will be no lunch for ES students on Thursday due to the early dismissal. Snack time will occur as normal in conjunction with morning recess.
- Please note your child’s classroom blog for Thursday classroom festivities.
Last week was quite a busy and action filled week at UAS Elementary School:
- Wednesday the ES ASA Choral under the direction of Ms. Austin performed at the Kent College Musical Festival. Not only did our students sing extremely well, but Ms. Austin was a featured soloist as well! UAS shined brightly that evening.
- On Wednesday 6th, the monthly Principal’s Coffee took place with Mr. Jones facilitating an insightful discussion about student behavior needs at UAS ES.
- On Wednesday grades 3 through 5 had the fantastic opportunity to attend the Middle School matinee of Alice in Wonderland. A great performance was displayed by our middle school actors!
- On Wednesday and Thursday the UAS Grade 1 took a field trip to a local farm. The students, parents and faculty had a great time feeding fish, observing animals and having discussions on how a farm works….a great learning experience for our students!
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, the Grade 2 students participated in yoga and mindfulness activities as part of their health and wellbeing unit of inquiry..
- KG1 students sung a winter song with actions for their parents before we all settled down to a delicious breakfast hosted by our KG1 parents. Thank you to all who made Thursday morning a truly memorable experience for us all!
- Finally, on Thursday the High School Student Council sponsored a movie night for our elementary students. Home Alone was the featured film… food and fun was had by all!
Upon the school’s return in January, KHDA will conduct its annual school inspection. The Inspection Team will be at UAS from Monday, January 8th through Thursday, January 11th.
Finally, on behalf of the UAS staff, we wish you and your family a wonderful winter break with a prosperous, kind and happy new year! See you all next year!
David Dorn and David Jones