Hello Parents and Families of UAS Elementary School!
This week’s ES Blog will be information on the upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences. These conferences are purposeful dialogue between parents and teachers with the intent to develop a better understanding of how children are able to reach their academic, social and emotional potential. Please note that this year portions of the PTCs will differ from previous years in the areas of:
(1) Days/times, (2) appointment scheduling, and (3) conference content.
- Wednesday, November 15th
- Thursday, November 16th
- No school for students on these two days
- Please note that UAS would like for all PTCs to take place on these 2 days (This is a new format this school year)
- 8 to 11:30; 12:30 to 4:00 (last conference scheduled at 3:30)
- 25 minute conferences scheduled on the ½ hour (new format this year)
- 11:30 to 12:30 faculty lunch
Scheduling of Homeroom Teacher Conferences:
- The ES Office has scheduled back-to-back conferences for all families with 2 or more children enrolled in the elementary school. These times will be available for review on the Synergetic Portal Online Appointment Scheduling Process. This scheduling was completed to support parents with multiple children at UAS ES.
- Families will be responsible for accessing Synergetic Portal to schedule and/or alter pre-assigned sibling schedules. Please use the link below for instructions to access the Synergetic Portal for conference scheduling. This is the process utilized for both Middle School and High School PTCs. (new format this year for ES)
- The Portal will be open for parental view on Tuesday, November 7th, at 8:00 am
Conferences with Specialists Teachers
- All other teachers will be available for Parent-Teacher Conferences within the ES Library. This includes PE, Music, Art, Arabic and Islamic Studies teachers.
- These conferences will be on a “drop-In” basis.
- The hours of availability will be 8-11:30 and 12:30-4:00.
- ELL and Learning Support Teachers will make individual family contacts as needed for PTCs.
Format of Homeroom Teacher-Parent Conference
- Homeroom teachers will potentially review the following information with families:
- Teacher’s 3 stars and a wish
- MAP Data
- Progress/Attainment in Math, Reading, Writing
- Work habits
- Social Emotional development
- Families will be asked to complete an online survey to provide parental information prior to the PTC for the intent to promote a vibrant school-home dialog. (new format this year)
- If families have questions concerning the management transition for the 18-19 school year, faculty will record those questions and submit them to school administration for review. The school administration will publish a FAQ in an attempt to address any questions and/or concerns.
Homeroom teachers will publish more PTC information on their individual blogs this week. We look forward to meeting with you and hope you have insightful and beneficial discussions about your child!
Click HERE for directions to access the Synergetic Portal Online Appointment Scheduling Process.
David Dorn and David Jones