Dear Parents, Families and Students of UAS’s Elementary School,
This school year is just breezing by! It is hard to believe that within 2 weeks it will be the month of November…I guess time flies when you have a great school, outstanding students wonderful faculty and a sound educational program!
Celebrations from Last Week
- Last Thursday was the PTSO Walk-A-Thon…even though it felt like it might have been the most humid day of the year, our kids, parents and staff had fun! This was an outstanding event to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month…Thank you PTSO, Students and Staff!
- Last Thursday Grade 4 traveled to the Etihad Museum for a field trip related to the student s PYP Unit of Inquiry. The students, parents and teachers received a well-informed tour regarding the formation of the United Emirates. It was great information and the students loved the movies, exhibitions and the huge flag/flag pole!
- Junior Scorpion Soccer held a few games on campus last Wednesday. It was fun to watch our kids compete against students not enrolled at UAS. The school’s vision is to have our students engaged and have fun…as students chatted on Thursday morning it appeared that both had been accomplished!
- Mr. Jones, Assistant Principal, and Ms. Sambola, PYP Coordinator, are organizing the Elementary Division Student Voice-Student Council group. The purpose of this student group is for 2-way communication to seek input into school issues (i.e. cafeteria, playground, et). An invitation to apply was sent out to Grade 4 and 5 students with an overwhelming response…we have kids who want to be involved in their school!
- Several Grade 5 girls are attempting to initiate an Elementary School Newspaper or Magazine. They are super excited and have outstanding thoughts on this project. Fantastic student initiative to better our school community!
- Halloween Parade PreK through Grade 5 beginning at 8:00 am on the ES Playground on Thursday, October 26. Please come and watch the march of fun costumes on the ES playground!
- PTSO Halloween Sale on Thursday, October 26 in the school lobby/reception area.
- Wednesday, October 25 Junior Scorpion Soccer at ASD beginning at 4 pm.
- No School on Sunday, October 29, and Monday October 30th for UAS Professional Development Days.
- November 2nd from 8:00 to 9:00 am in the ES Library is the ES Counselor Talk.
Enjoy your week…we certainly will at the ES…we have a fun bunch of kids and great staff…how could life get any better!
David Dorn and David Jones