Hello UAS Families!!!!
I have said this all year…it is hard to believe the time is just “flying by”!!! UAS has approximately 8 more scheduled school days with students with the final student day being Tuesday June 20th.
A few key items for the last 8 days:
- Students will be dismissed at noon on Tuesday, June 20. We are striving to have all students off campus by 12:20 of that day.
- PreK and KG1 will be dismissed at 12:00 (with the whole school) on Tuesday, June 20.
- Progress Reports will be available via the portal on Monday, June 19, at 4:00 pm.
- 2017-2018 School Year Supply Lists will be posted on your child’s teacher blog and the ES Principal Blog before the end of the school year.
- Important Dates for the 2017-2018 School Year will be posted on this blog.
- ES Lost & Found items will be displayed in the lobby area until Tuesday, June 20. All remaining items will be donated to charity on that Wednesday, June 21.
- Spring MAP Reports are now available on the UAS portal for parents to view and download.
On Sunday of this week, the Elementary School had the annual “Moving-On Up” day…it was a true joy to observe the students travel to their next year’s grade level teachers for some fun classroom activities. Teacher were observed to read with the students, enter into dialogs about the grade level opportunities, greet and meet…a truly wonderful and engaging experience for all! From current grade 5 students presenting about Exhibition current grade 3 students learning about responsible technology use to our young ones exploring centers, this was a great time for students to look forward to what is to come in the future
Save the Date!
Speaking of next school year please be on the look out for a Parent Only Meeting with the Principal, David Dorn, and ES’s new Assistant Principal, David Jones. We will host a Parent Only evening to review the school’s goals for 2017-18 school year; introduce new faculty to ES and review the Parent-School Handbook. A tentative date has been set for Wednesday, September 6th in the MPH. Additional topics will be the school’s academic growth plan, the use of instructional coaches, parent involvement opportunities and the opportunity for all of the ES community to get to know each other!
On behalf of the entire Elementary School staff, Amanda and I wish you a great summer holiday. We also thank you for the privilege and honor to have worked with your family throughout this school year…It Was A FANTASTIC Year!
David and Amanda