We have Arabic / English everyday. Please see this message from the Arabic Teachers.
Dear KG2 Parents , مَرحَـباً
Marhaba and Welcome to a new school year . Your child will be learning Arabic with us , a language that represents an identity, history and culture in this part of the world besides being the mother tongue language in UAE and Dubai .
Ms. Neveen Refaat Arabic as a Foreign Language email@example.com
Ms. Marwa Shehatah Arabic as a Foreign Language firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Sherif ElTabbakh Arabic for Native Speakers email@example.com
We will be sending you a more detailed introductory letter soon!
Looking forward to a great year 🙂
KG2 Arabic Team
Eid Holiday: Thursday, June 14th, and Sunday, June 17th, 2018.
3:00 PM dismissal : Monday, June 18th through – Thursday June 28th we will resume 3:00pm dismissal.
Tuesday, students will be dismissed at 3:00pm.
As the year is coming to an end, I am so excited and quite sad to be seeing the KG2TD Minions move on. They have matured so much in the past 11 months that we have been in school (From August -June!)
I would like to request any photos that you might have of the kids together (Shared via whatsapp) to be uploaded in the Google Photo drop. I will be making a personal memory book for each student so, the more photos we have the more memories I might be able to place in the book. The link to the drive is : https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrkY2B3AcbGdtzaR9
We are still learning in KG2TD! Please make sure through the end of this week students are not missing days. Assessments, projects, and lots of love is happening and I do not want them to miss out!
Leaving Early? Take Student Portfolios!
Finally, thank you to all the parents who have sent an email regarding leaving early/ prior to June 28th. If your student is leaving early, please let me know a day or 2 before so we can prepare their school work and portfolios for them to take home. So much amazing student work that show progress that you do not want to go to trash at the end of the year.
Thank you for a wonderful year, I will miss you all!
Good morning, please note we will be having out Celebration this WEDNESDAY at 8:15 in room 300.
See the below information:
Please see the attached document for MAP Practice.
Please make sure your student practices this week for about 15 minutes each day. Thank you so much!
IXL Math Mastery Checklist Based of MAP Goal Breakdown Report-2d9knh9
I hope you all are having a safe and blessed Ramadan.
Please note the following:
- Homework Bingo has been suspended during Ramadan.
- We begin Art next week Sunday.
- MAP TESTING! Is coming up next week Monday and Tuesday. We are practicing at school our IPAD stamina. I want the students to be able to focus on the test with only small distractions, so when they are practicing make sure they are hitting the “Listen” button and understanding the questions being asked of them. I will send out on Wednesday some IXL or Kids A-Z practice you can work on at home alternatively.
- Late Pick Up If you are running late during 12:45 pick up, students will be moved to an assigned KG2s classroom. Please try to get to school by 8:00 and have students picked up by 12:45 to beat the rush.
- End of Year Scripts for our End of Year Performances have been sent home. Please PRACTICE with your student as we have only 2 more weeks until the special day!
It is Taco Tuesday, and I waited all week to Thank YOU for my Surprise Birthday TACO FIESTA! It was the sweetest surprise I could have possibly gotten. *Taco* very much!
How are you doing? As Ramadan is coming up this week, I wanted to let you all know about the changes that will be happening in KG2. At this age, most students tend not to fast during Ramadan but as a grade level we are very aware of our colleagues and families who are observing the Holy Month. Please refer to the F.A.Q. for Ramadan!
Ramadan – Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
What are the times for Ramadan?
- School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
- KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50
- KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
- Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up at the end of the day. With the entire school being dismissed at the same time it is going to be very crowded and hectic.
When will kids eat?
- We will have one recess and one set eating time
- Children will have the option to eat again during playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
- We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so they will not have a microwave available to them.
When will kid play?
- A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor recess once the temperature gets too hot.
If our kids want to drink water is that allowed?
- KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and, in the classroom, as usual.
Do kids swim during PE?
- Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May 24th.
What else is changing?
- Our schedule will stay basically the same as it is now with the exception of Arabic and Islamic/or skills club. We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every other day.
Thank you for your Teacher Appreciation Gifts and Kind words! Thank you so much!
We are already in the Month of May, what a beautiful time to see the growth in students and how much they have grown.
Please note we will be have our End of Year Celebration on June 6th at 8:15 am. Please plan accordingly! If you will not be returning after Eid send me an email.
We finish swimming next week. Thank you for your patience and support. We have future swim stars!
On May 1, UAS will celebrate Hag Al Laila. The Hag Al Laila celebrations originated hundreds of years ago and is locally known as Qriqa’an. Sweets are given out to visiting children as they go from house to house carrying their message.
KG2TD students are encouraged to dress in traditional or celebration clothing. It will be a uniform free day. We will watch a Hag Al Alaila parade at 8:00 am, receive candy bags, and visit a celebration tent for additional singing and extra sweets!
Dear parents of lower elementary, we are fifth graders, Viola, Emma, Krishna, Daniel. We are currently working on our grade five exhibition. Our topic is water pollution. For our action, our group is doing a straw pledge, which is encouraging students not to use straws for a whole week. We our doing this as our action because plastic straws mainly end up in the ocean and animals will eat it, instead paper straws will decompose quicker so that the fish won’t eat it. Plastic takes thousands of years to decompose while paper straws will take a couple of weeks. Since the pre-k to kg-2 don’t buy from the cafeteria and they eat their own snacks in the classrooms, we would like you to get involved. We ask you parents if you could not let the kids bring juice pouches or juice which has a straw attached to it, since that is one of the ways to do our straw pledge. If your kid still brings a juice pouch, then we will provide them with natural paper straw which is a better alternative than plastic straws. Since most of the plastic ends up being thrown in the ocean and takes 1000 years to disintegrate, however paper straws will take only a couple of weeks to disintegrate. Thank you for reading and taking part in our straw pledge.