The color word assessment was sent home this week. Color words are the first step in our “snap word” list. If you begin the practice of studying these words, the benefits include an increase in students confidence in attempting to read a solid foundation in frequent used words. The forms sent home are the students Pre-Assessment. We will be practicing these words throughout the next few weeks. Please continue to practice at home.
How to Practice Color Words
Below are ways you can practice color words.
- Flash card games. Simply cut out the words in cards and flash the cards as the child read the words. I click HERE to download a color word flash card sheet. Simply cut out the color words and show each of them to the student. Have the student read the word quickly.
- Color Word Flashcards-1i06p5x
- Reading the colors in your environment.
- Reading Books with Color words… The Library is a great resource for these books. As a parent you are able to check out at least 5 books. Some color word books are (Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Mix It Up)
- Watching Youtube videos that have color words as a theme.
Parent Teacher Conferences
November 14 & 15, 2018
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
You can sign up using the UAS Parent Portal. See instructions to book your appointment here. If you are having technical problems please contact email@example.com. The booking system on the Parent Portal will close on Sunday, November 11 at 4:00pm. Please be sure to select your appointments by that time.
We kindly ask that you complete this Google Form (KG2)for each of your children in the Elementary school. This form will provide information to your child’s teachers in order to help them best meet your needs during these conferences
|B- Art 16
||C- P.E. 17
||A. Music 18
||B. Art 19
||C. P.E. 20
||Learning Letter Sent Home
||Back to School Night
3:45 – 4:15 or 5:15-6:00pm
Click HERE for the link
Welcome to week 2 of KG2.
This week we have a Back to School Night where you get to know the KG2 program more in depth and discuss how to ensure your student is best supported in our program.
Please click on the link Here to find information on after-school care and the schedule for the night.
Thank you all for the parents who have signed up to Class Dojo. I will be transitioning our weekly and daily information to this tool.
Have an excellent evening.
We have Arabic / English everyday. Please see this message from the Arabic Teachers.
Dear KG2 Parents , مَرحَـباً
Marhaba and Welcome to a new school year . Your child will be learning Arabic with us , a language that represents an identity, history and culture in this part of the world besides being the mother tongue language in UAE and Dubai .
Ms. Neveen Refaat Arabic as a Foreign Language firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Marwa Shehatah Arabic as a Foreign Language email@example.com
Mr. Sherif ElTabbakh Arabic for Native Speakers firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be sending you a more detailed introductory letter soon!
Looking forward to a great year 🙂
KG2 Arabic Team
Eid Holiday: Thursday, June 14th, and Sunday, June 17th, 2018.
3:00 PM dismissal : Monday, June 18th through – Thursday June 28th we will resume 3:00pm dismissal.
Tuesday, students will be dismissed at 3:00pm.
As the year is coming to an end, I am so excited and quite sad to be seeing the KG2TD Minions move on. They have matured so much in the past 11 months that we have been in school (From August -June!)
I would like to request any photos that you might have of the kids together (Shared via whatsapp) to be uploaded in the Google Photo drop. I will be making a personal memory book for each student so, the more photos we have the more memories I might be able to place in the book. The link to the drive is : https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrkY2B3AcbGdtzaR9
We are still learning in KG2TD! Please make sure through the end of this week students are not missing days. Assessments, projects, and lots of love is happening and I do not want them to miss out!
Leaving Early? Take Student Portfolios!
Finally, thank you to all the parents who have sent an email regarding leaving early/ prior to June 28th. If your student is leaving early, please let me know a day or 2 before so we can prepare their school work and portfolios for them to take home. So much amazing student work that show progress that you do not want to go to trash at the end of the year.
Thank you for a wonderful year, I will miss you all!
Good morning, please note we will be having out Celebration this WEDNESDAY at 8:15 in room 300.
See the below information:
Please see the attached document for MAP Practice.
Please make sure your student practices this week for about 15 minutes each day. Thank you so much!
IXL Math Mastery Checklist Based of MAP Goal Breakdown Report-2d9knh9
I hope you all are having a safe and blessed Ramadan.
Please note the following:
- Homework Bingo has been suspended during Ramadan.
- We begin Art next week Sunday.
- MAP TESTING! Is coming up next week Monday and Tuesday. We are practicing at school our IPAD stamina. I want the students to be able to focus on the test with only small distractions, so when they are practicing make sure they are hitting the “Listen” button and understanding the questions being asked of them. I will send out on Wednesday some IXL or Kids A-Z practice you can work on at home alternatively.
- Late Pick Up If you are running late during 12:45 pick up, students will be moved to an assigned KG2s classroom. Please try to get to school by 8:00 and have students picked up by 12:45 to beat the rush.
- End of Year Scripts for our End of Year Performances have been sent home. Please PRACTICE with your student as we have only 2 more weeks until the special day!
It is Taco Tuesday, and I waited all week to Thank YOU for my Surprise Birthday TACO FIESTA! It was the sweetest surprise I could have possibly gotten. *Taco* very much!