How are you doing? As Ramadan is coming up this week, I wanted to let you all know about the changes that will be happening in KG2. At this age, most students tend not to fast during Ramadan but as a grade level we are very aware of our colleagues and families who are observing the Holy Month. Please refer to the F.A.Q. for Ramadan!
Ramadan – Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
What are the times for Ramadan?
- School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
- KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50
- KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
- Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up at the end of the day. With the entire school being dismissed at the same time it is going to be very crowded and hectic.
When will kids eat?
- We will have one recess and one set eating time
- Children will have the option to eat again during playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
- We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so they will not have a microwave available to them.
When will kid play?
- A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor recess once the temperature gets too hot.
If our kids want to drink water is that allowed?
- KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and, in the classroom, as usual.
Do kids swim during PE?
- Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May 24th.
What else is changing?
- Our schedule will stay basically the same as it is now with the exception of Arabic and Islamic/or skills club. We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every other day.