Please see the attached document for MAP Practice.
Please make sure your student practices this week for about 15 minutes each day. Thank you so much!
IXL Math Mastery Checklist Based of MAP Goal Breakdown Report-2d9knh9
I hope you all are having a safe and blessed Ramadan.
Please note the following:
- Homework Bingo has been suspended during Ramadan.
- We begin Art next week Sunday.
- MAP TESTING! Is coming up next week Monday and Tuesday. We are practicing at school our IPAD stamina. I want the students to be able to focus on the test with only small distractions, so when they are practicing make sure they are hitting the “Listen” button and understanding the questions being asked of them. I will send out on Wednesday some IXL or Kids A-Z practice you can work on at home alternatively.
- Late Pick Up If you are running late during 12:45 pick up, students will be moved to an assigned KG2s classroom. Please try to get to school by 8:00 and have students picked up by 12:45 to beat the rush.
- End of Year Scripts for our End of Year Performances have been sent home. Please PRACTICE with your student as we have only 2 more weeks until the special day!
It is Taco Tuesday, and I waited all week to Thank YOU for my Surprise Birthday TACO FIESTA! It was the sweetest surprise I could have possibly gotten. *Taco* very much!
How are you doing? As Ramadan is coming up this week, I wanted to let you all know about the changes that will be happening in KG2. At this age, most students tend not to fast during Ramadan but as a grade level we are very aware of our colleagues and families who are observing the Holy Month. Please refer to the F.A.Q. for Ramadan!
Ramadan – Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
What are the times for Ramadan?
- School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
- KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50
- KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
- Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up at the end of the day. With the entire school being dismissed at the same time it is going to be very crowded and hectic.
When will kids eat?
- We will have one recess and one set eating time
- Children will have the option to eat again during playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
- We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so they will not have a microwave available to them.
When will kid play?
- A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor recess once the temperature gets too hot.
If our kids want to drink water is that allowed?
- KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and, in the classroom, as usual.
Do kids swim during PE?
- Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May 24th.
What else is changing?
- Our schedule will stay basically the same as it is now with the exception of Arabic and Islamic/or skills club. We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every other day.
Thank you for your Teacher Appreciation Gifts and Kind words! Thank you so much!
We are already in the Month of May, what a beautiful time to see the growth in students and how much they have grown.
Please note we will be have our End of Year Celebration on June 6th at 8:15 am. Please plan accordingly! If you will not be returning after Eid send me an email.
We finish swimming next week. Thank you for your patience and support. We have future swim stars!