On May 1, UAS will celebrate Hag Al Laila. The Hag Al Laila celebrations originated hundreds of years ago and is locally known as Qriqa’an. Sweets are given out to visiting children as they go from house to house carrying their message.
Dear parents of lower elementary, we are fifth graders, Viola, Emma, Krishna, Daniel. We are currently working on our grade five exhibition. Our topic is water pollution. For our action, our group is doing a straw pledge, which is encouraging students not to use straws for a whole week. We our doing this as our action because plastic straws mainly end up in the ocean and animals will eat it, instead paper straws will decompose quicker so that the fish won’t eat it. Plastic takes thousands of years to decompose while paper straws will take a couple of weeks. Since the pre-k to kg-2 don’t buy from the cafeteria and they eat their own snacks in the classrooms, we would like you to get involved. We ask you parents if you could not let the kids bring juice pouches or juice which has a straw attached to it, since that is one of the ways to do our straw pledge. If your kid still brings a juice pouch, then we will provide them with natural paper straw which is a better alternative than plastic straws. Since most of the plastic ends up being thrown in the ocean and takes 1000 years to disintegrate, however paper straws will take only a couple of weeks to disintegrate. Thank you for reading and taking part in our straw pledge.
We begin swimming tomorrow. Please have students wear their swim clothes to school as they will be swimming first thing in the morning. After swimming we will make sure the are dry so they won’t get sick. We swim every Monday and Wednesday.
Please fill the survey below regarding the Kindergarten End of Year Celebration:
It was amazing see you all these past 2 days!
Here are the updates for this upcoming week
- Make Up Student Led Conferences will be held after school on Sunday at 3:30 pm.
- P.E. begins on Sunday! We will be swimming every MONDAY and WEDNESDAY. May 14th, 2018 will be our last day. We only swim 5 times so EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE IN THE POOL! It is just too hot to just sit out.
- Library is on Tuesday! Bring your book if you have not already.
- Next week, I will be sending out a survey regarding our End of Year Celebration. Please look out for it.
- Ramadan is said to begin the evening of the 15th of May. If you have a student who has a birthday in May or June feel free to let me know if you would like to celebrate prior to the beginning of fasting.
Have an amazing weekend with your kiddos!
- When: Wednesday or Thursday from 8-3pm (No school for students these two days.)
- Where: KG2TD Room 102
- What: Students will show you how well they have progressed throughout the school year.
- Why: Student take more ownership in their learning when they can show the people they love how well they are doing.
- Who comes: You bring your KG2TD student and yourself!
- How to Sign Up: Follow this LINK
STUDENT LED CONFERENCES DO’S AND DON’T
- DO ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENT TO TALK ABOUT THE STATION THEY ARE AT
- DO ASK STUDENTS QUESTIONS REGARDING WHAT THEY ARE DOING
- DO ROLE-PLAY AS A STUDENT AND GO ALONG WITH THE FUN
- DO VISIT MUSIC AND ARABIC CLASSES
- DO NOT COMPARE YOUR CHILD TO ANOTHER STUDENT IN THE CLASS
- DO NOT ASK THE “TEACHER” ABOUT YOUR STUDENTS PROGRESS
- DO NOT TAKE PORTFOLIOS HOME
See you soon,
Greetings! Here are updates for this week
Thank you to these parents for volunteering during our Field Trips
Mehdi’s Mom, Charlie’s Mom, Amirali’s Mom, Sol’s Mom, Lea’s Mom and Arsha’s Mom
and Special shout out to Gabriella’s Dad for stopping by to say hi during one of our trips! Without your help our trips would not have gone so smoothly for the class.
To the parents who were unable to attend but still checked in on our Instagram pages, liked pictures, and showed support, I am ever so grateful. To all my parents, thank you for being such a supportive, kind, and flexible community!
Please note on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday KG2 students are dismissed at 3:00pm. On Tuesdays we dismiss students at 1:55. Please pick up your students promptly.
Due to Benchmark Testing, we will not be sending students homework. Please make sure they get enough sleep and are well rested for this weeks test.
Student Conferences will take place April 25th and 26th. The kids are getting ready to show you everything they are able to do! Please make sure you sign up once the sheet goes live. If you would like to have a private conference with me regarding your students progress please send me an email.
Students are required to wear uniform each day. This includes navy blue, dresses, skorts, pants or plain navy blue tights and a UAS uniform top. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Welcome back! The best thing about schools are the kids and I am so happy to be back with your kiddos!
Tomorrow, Monday April 9th, 2018 we will be going to the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
We will leave at 9:00 am. Please bring two snacks. We will eat before we leave and have an additional snack at the end of the day. Students should wear UAS shirts and comfortable walking shoes.
See you tomorrow,