The UAS Splash & Dash is set to happen next Tuesday April 17th.
The event will run from 9 to 11 am.
Spectators are encouraged to come along and support all competitors. We ask that all spectators be seated in the Pool Area or in the shaded areas around the track by 8:50 am.
Competitors will need to bring the following to the pool area:
Swimsuit & Towel (for swimmers)
Running Shoes (for runners)
Students are asked to come to school ready for the competition and wearing their Splash & Dash t-shirts. T-Shirts will be distributed to them early next week.
All competitors will have a pre-race meeting on Sunday or Monday during lunch next week, to have more details about the event explained to them.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact Mr. Carter or Mr. Trottier in the UAS Athletics Department.
It’s time for the UAS Splash & Dash!
We want all our fantastic swimmers and runners to come out on Tuesday April 17th.
The event will take place during the school day.
The Splash & Dash is for any STUDENT, PARENT or TEACHER in Elementary (Grades 2-5), Middle & High School.
You can participate Individually or with a Partner.
Middle School students will SWIM 200m (8 laps in pool) and RUN 3km (around the school).
The cost to participate is 75 AED. Participants receive a T-shirt and Winners receive prizes.
To register for this awesome event, you must sign up by clicking HERE.
The Link can also be found on the UAS website.
Once registered you need to make your payment at UAS Accounts.
Please pay to the SPLASH-DASH Account.
Registration & Payment needs to be completed by Wednesday March 21st at 3pm.
We hope to see lots of students competing and having LOADS OF FUN!
In May, we will be having the first Middle School Short Play Festival, if you are interested in participating please fill in the form ASAP.
UAS SKI TRIP
Ski, snowboarding and Switzerland… oh my! Stay and ski or snowboard at Anzère, Switzerland during Spring Break.
(Can you say that 3 times fast?)
But I live in Dubai… I don’t have winter clothes… No problem. They provide them!
But I don’t know how to ski or snowboard… No worries. You can learn them!
When? March 24-March 31
How much? 11,000 aed
Who? Grades 4, 5, 6, and those students in grade 7 who went last year only
Full-board accommodation at Chalet Chamossaire
All meals and snacks
Ski/ snowboard equipment and clothing rental
Transportation (flights + buses)
How? Register here. Non-refundable deposit of 3,000dhs by Dec 12.
Have an adventure! Have fun! Have new friends! Have real snow!
With our Season 1 sports teams finishing up, it is time to get ready for Season 2. UAS offer 5 sports in Season 2: Basketball, Tennis, Wrestling, Cross Country, & Soccer. Season 2 sports will run from November 12th – February 10th. Students can only participate in 1 sport during a season based on EAC Conference rules. Students must register for their chosen sport before tryouts begin. Please click below for Master Tryout Schedule and Tryout Registration Form. Practice and game schedules can be located on the UAS Athletics Blog.
MASTER TRYOUT CALENDAR
TRYOUT REGISTRATION FORM
Co – Athletic Director
Experiential Learning Coordinator
The time has come to install Microsoft Office if you do not already have it on your computer!
Now that you have reset your password with the school and you are successfully logged into your UAS email address, please follow the directions on this Google Doc to install the Microsoft Office Suite for free.
You must install this at home and NOT at school. If you use the school’s network, the length of time it will take to install the program will corrupt the installation files.
Please remember that the AUP form must be turned into the school by Thursday, September 28th to ensure uninterrupted access to wifi at school.
Thank you and enjoy your weekend!
Parents and students, we are so excited for the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to getting to know all of the 6th grade students and to lead them through their first middle school experience. During the first week of school, we will be doing many fun team-building and getting-to-know-you activities. We will also be reviewing some of the key school policies and answering any questions your child might have regarding these policies.
Below are the policies that we will be discussing during the first week of school.
We are all excited to help your child reach his or her fullest potential.
The 6th grade teachers
UAS Middle School
Student Phone Policy
- Students are not allowed to use their phones during the school day from 7:45AM until 3:10PM. Students should not have the phone on their person. Phones must be off and stored in either the student locker or backpack.
- Students are allowed to use their phones prior to (before 7:45AM) and after school (beginning @ 3:10PM).
- Students will be allowed to use their phones within the classroom when given specific permission by the teacher for a classroom project. Upon completion of the project, it will be the responsibility of the student to return their phone to their backpack or locker.
- If a student has their phone out during the school day (between 7:45AM and 3:10PM) without the knowledge and/or permission of a MS staff member, the following consequences will be enforced:
- 1st offense: The phone will be confiscated from the student, and the student will be sent to the office. The student will call their parents. The behavior will be documented by the MS Leadership team, and the phone will be held in the office until the end of that school day, at which time the phone can be collected by the student.
- 2nd offense: The phone will be confiscated from the student, and the student will be sent to the office. The student will call their parents. The behavior will be documented by the MS Leadership Team, and the phone will be held in the office until the end of the day, at which time the phone can be collected by the student. In addition, for 5 consecutive school days, the student must deliver their phone to the MS office at 7:40AM.
- 3rd offense: The phone will be confiscated from the student, and the student will be sent to the office. The student will call their parents. The behavior will be documented by the MS Leadership Team, and the phone will be held in the office until the end of the day, at which time the phone can be collected by the student. In addition, for 5 consecutive school days, or until a parent meeting is held (whichever is longer) the student must deliver their phone to the MS office at 7:40AM.
- Additional offenses will be dealt with by the MS Leadership Team.
UAS Middle School Uniform Policy
Acceptable bottoms must be navy blue trousers, navy blue shorts or full-length navy-blue skirts.
Acceptable tops must be white polo shirts with the UAS logo and/or a navy-blue sweatshirt with the UAS logo.
Acceptable physical education uniforms must be navy blue shorts, navy-blue UAS sport pants and a white shirt with the UAS logo.
- All uniforms tops must be school issued and need to be purchased from the school uniform shop.
- All uniform bottoms (if not school issued) must be consistent with the style and fabric of school issued pants and/or shorts. They must be cotton and/or polyester blend, NO jeans, lycra, spandex or stretch fabric of any kind will be allowed.
- Shoes should be good quality for recess play (e.g. not sandals or slippers).
- T-shirts may be worn under the school shirt.
- The P.E. uniform may only be worn during physical education class.
- All clothing, shoes, accessories, hairstyles, etc. should not be disruptive to the learning environment.
- On dress-down and free dress days, students may not wear clothing that is revealing, exceedingly tight, too short, or containing inappropriate language or pictures.
- On Thursday, students are allowed to wear UAS hoodies (Sport teams, clubs, WWW) as well as PE uniform shirt and shorts.
- Student-athletes dress code on game or travel day: Student-athletes should wear appropriate attire on game day so as to represent our school and team properly. Game day attire will be the UAS Travel Jacket, UAS School Pants, and a plain White Polo. Failure to dress appropriately for the travel day, may result in exclusion from that game.
Students who choose not to comply with the uniform expectations listed above will remain in the office until they are in the appropriate uniform.
The following options will be available:
- The student may call a parent and have the appropriate uniform delivered to them at school.
- The student may purchase the appropriate uniform from the school store with their own money.
- The student may purchase the appropriate uniform from the school store with money borrowed from the office. It is expected that the borrowed money will be returned within one week.
- The student may borrow the appropriate uniform from the office “closet”. It is expected that the borrowed uniform will be laundered and returned within one week
The UAS Middle School Student Tardy Policy
Punctuality is important. When a student is late to class (even a few minutes), it affects not only the child who does not arrive on time, but the entire class as well. The tardy student may miss important instructions and the teacher must stop what they are doing and refocus the group.
The definition of “tardy”
- Students need to be in the classroom, across the threshold of the classroom door, prepared to begin learning by the time the bell stops ringing.
The plan for teachers:
- To the greatest degree possible, teachers need to be at their classroom door during the passing period to meet and greet students, and to encourage them to enter their classroom on time.
- The classroom teacher will consistently take accurate attendance within the first 15 minutes every class period.
- When a student is tardy to class, the student must report to the Attendance Office to collect a tardy slip. The Attendance Office will record the tardy in Synergetic.
The plan for students (unexcused tardies):
- Any student who is tardy to class or arrives late to school 4 times in a given week will earn 1 lunch detention.
- Any student who is tardy to class or arrives late to school 5 times in a given school week will earn 1 after school detention.
- Any student who is tardy to class or arrives late to school 6 or more times in a given school week will earn 2 hours of Saturday School and a parent meeting will be scheduled.