I hope you had a great weekend! Thank you to all the parents who helped to throw an awesome Ramadan party – the kids had a blast for sure!
Just a couple important things to note:
We will be having an End of Year celebration on Thursday June 7th at 9am. The students will sing songs and celebrate their completion of kindergarten.
Homework: There will be no homework during Ramadan
Ramadan – Things you need to know
- School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
- KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50
- KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
- We will have one recess and one set eating time
- Children will have the option to eat again during playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
- We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so they will not have a microwave available to them.
- A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor recess once the temperature gets too hot.
- KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and, in the classroom, as usual.
- Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up at the end of the day. With the entire school being dismissed at the same time it is going to be very crowded and hectic.
- Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May 24th.
- We will still cover all of our subjects, however there will be some shifts in the time that we do them. We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every other day.