We have a lot going on over the next few weeks, so I thought I would send you a list of upcoming events for you to put into your calendar, so you and your child don’t miss any of the great things happening in KG2.
- Attendance: If you are late, you no longer need to go to reception for a blue slip, just bring your child directly to the classroom. I do ask that you try your best to be on time as I will have to stop my instruction to enter your child into the computer.
- I have completed all of my reading assessments. I am working on making my guided reading groups. We should be ready next week. I will be sending home a letter at that time to help you understand more about how this works. The most important thing for you to remember is that all children are different. You need to be proud of your child where they are reading and not be comparing them with others. If you have any questions or concerns about their particular level, please come to me directly.
- No School Sunday, February 24th.
- Sports Day Wednesday, February 27th 12:30-3:00. Your child should wear a red t-shirt or their uniform PE shirt, PE shorts, running shoes, a hat and have their water bottle. We will be out on the field participating in lots of fun games. You are welcome to come and watch!! Don’t forget your camera!
- Sunday, March 3rd 2:15. Parents and popcorn. Come and read a story with your child. All parents are invited!
- Storybook character parade Thursday, March 7th 8:00 am. Dress as your favorite story book character. You can come and watch if you would like.
- Student led conferences will be held on March 10 and 11. You will receive information about signing up for you and your child.
- The 100th Day of school is on March 13th. You will receive a letter tomorrow explaining how they will need to make a collection of 100 things and bring an item for a snack.
- Mother’s Day performance Thursday, March 21st 8:00 am
- Spring break begins on Thursday, March 28th (half day). School will resume on Sunday, April 11th.
- Wow! We’ll be ready for some down time after all this!!
- Thanks, Lois