The end is near, can you believe it? It seems like it went so fast. We have had a great year. I am so proud of the kids and all that they have done this year. They have grown up so much.
- Tomorrow dismissal is at 11:30 (11:20).
- We will go to the MPH for an assembly at 8:00 directly from the playground.
- We will have snack but not lunch.
Please be sure to do some work over the summer. It is a long time to go without working and we don’t want them to slip back after having made so much progress, Have lots of fun, relax, play and enjoy the outdoors but also spend some time every day doing a bit of reading and writing. Please find below a list of activities, websites, apps and a review packet that you can download and print for $10.00 US dollars. You can also find lots of other great things on Teacher Pay Teacher, they have review packets for all Elementary grade levels in case you are looking for something for your older children.
Thank you again for all of the love and support you have shown me this year. We had a great year and I hate to see it end. Please be sure to keep in touch by email or stop by my room any time. Have a great summer,
Universal American School of Dubai
Summer Learning KG2
Here are some summer activities for students to do over the summer:
- READING and being READ to every day!
- Writing journal: Make a summer writing journal and have the students write sentences about the fun activities they do every day.
- Websites for kids to use over the summer can be found here.
- Having time for physical play- running, jumping, climbing, swimming. (gonoodle.com is a great website for staying active inside when temperatures are hot).
- Make playdough together with your child (the recipe can be found here).
- Use blocks, puzzles, legos and playdough to build and create with. Encourage your child to maintain focus on the activity for at least 20 minutes and tidy it up themselves afterwards.
- Coloring, cutting, painting, to create their own projects.
- Play-dates with other children.
- Stay on a good routine and schedule.
- For fine motor development: for information and ideas of how to work with your child, click here.
- Practice Dolch sight word list- Find the list here. Practice reading and spelling the words in a fun way. Some examples are found here.
- If you are interested in practice worksheets, you can find a good packet here (you will need to purchase, download and print it yourself).