Several things coming up:
- I would like the children to bring a copy of their favorite book next week. We will be doing several different activities with the book. (It does not have to be written in English.)
If they don’t have a copy of their favorite book they should tell me, and they can borrow one of my books or we can try to find it in the library. It will need to stay at school all week.
- The children have all brought home their line to memorize for the End of Year Celebration on June 6th. Please keep it in a safe place and help them learn their line. The easiest way to memorize something is just to practice every day, even if they seem to know it, continue to practice at least once a day.
- End of the Year celebration June 6th. Be sure to try to get time off of work for this special time. It should last under an hour. The children should come to school dressed in “party clothes”.
- There is an all school Iftar on Wed., May 30th at 6:15 pm in the school Cafeteria. You and your family are welcome to bring a dish and share with others.
- PTSO is collecting food items to donate to others for Eid. We have a box in our classroom. Donated items could be such things as a bag of rice, oil, canned food, or macaroni.
- KG2LF will have their MAP testing on May 30 and 31st. I know it is Ramadan, but please do your best to see that they have a good night sleep the night before.
- If you know for sure that your child will not be returning to UAS next year, please be sure to stop in at the admissions office so they can begin to get your leaving papers together.
- May 27th will be the first day of ART. PE will finish on May 24th.
- Several of you have asked for extra books for your child to have at home to read. I am almost finished organizing the baskets for them to choose from. I will send them home in a plastic folder. They should keep the books for several days and then they can bring them back and exchange them for new ones. Please help keep track of the books as many of them are my own personal books and I would hate to lose them. Thank you.
This is a lot of important information. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a nice weekend,