Please help your child practice and memorize their line for the end of year celebration. We are performing in 7 days and most of the children do not know their lines and many act as though they have not practiced at all. Congratulations to the few children that do know their lines! They should continue to practice as well.
Each child will have their turn to shine at the microphone and it would be a shame if they didn’t know it. I will be there to help if they are scared or forget, but they should know what they are supposed to be saying. Memorizing and presenting is an important skill for all children to have.
Several things coming up:
- I would like the children to bring a copy of their favorite book next week. We will be doing several different activities with the book. (It does not have to be written in English.)
If they don’t have a copy of their favorite book they should tell me, and they can borrow one of my books or we can try to find it in the library. It will need to stay at school all week.
- The children have all brought home their line to memorize for the End of Year Celebration on June 6th. Please keep it in a safe place and help them learn their line. The easiest way to memorize something is just to practice every day, even if they seem to know it, continue to practice at least once a day.
- End of the Year celebration June 6th. Be sure to try to get time off of work for this special time. It should last under an hour. The children should come to school dressed in “party clothes”.
- There is an all school Iftar on Wed., May 30th at 6:15 pm in the school Cafeteria. You and your family are welcome to bring a dish and share with others.
- PTSO is collecting food items to donate to others for Eid. We have a box in our classroom. Donated items could be such things as a bag of rice, oil, canned food, or macaroni.
- KG2LF will have their MAP testing on May 30 and 31st. I know it is Ramadan, but please do your best to see that they have a good night sleep the night before.
- If you know for sure that your child will not be returning to UAS next year, please be sure to stop in at the admissions office so they can begin to get your leaving papers together.
- May 27th will be the first day of ART. PE will finish on May 24th.
- Several of you have asked for extra books for your child to have at home to read. I am almost finished organizing the baskets for them to choose from. I will send them home in a plastic folder. They should keep the books for several days and then they can bring them back and exchange them for new ones. Please help keep track of the books as many of them are my own personal books and I would hate to lose them. Thank you.
This is a lot of important information. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a nice weekend,
Just to let you know there will not be a homework menu for KG2 for the rest of the year. The children will still be bringing home their small reading book and their poem notebook and they will soon be bringing a slip of paper with a line to memorize for the show on the 6th.
If you would like your child to bring home some extra reading books let me know and I can send those home for a few days at a time.
Ramadan – Things you need to know
- School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
- KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50
- KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
- We will have one recess and one set eating time
- Children will have the option to eat again during playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
- We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so they will not have a microwave available to them.
- A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor recess once the temperature gets too hot.
- KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and, in the classroom, as usual.
- Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up at the end of the day. With the entire school being dismissed at the same time it is going to be very crowded and hectic.
- Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May 24th.
- Our schedule will stay basically the same as it is now with the exception of Arabic and Islamic/or skills club. We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every other day.
- Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for making my birthday so special. I appreciate the cake, the gift, the party, your children, but most of all, you! I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful, supportive parents.
Thank you, I am a very lucky lady!
Save the Date!!!!
Wednesday, June 6th 9:00-9:40 am will be our Kindergarten End of Year Celebration. This is a very exciting day for KG so mark the date on your calendar now! You will receive more detailed information later.
KG2LF Mrs. Finney