I can’t believe school is over. Thank you for such a great year. I am so proud of the children and how well they did. It is such a pleasure for me to see them grow and develop into such wonderful, independent children. They have grown so much, not only academically but socially as well. Please be sure to stop by my room anytime next year as you walk by to say hello. I was lucky to have such great parents and all of the support you showed to me and your child.
Below I have sent some ideas for you to help keep your child busy and happy this summer. There are many different links to some fun activities. There is nothing better than being with family and spending time together, but it is a long summer so reading and a little work is great as well. At the bottom of the letter is a link to a summer work packet if you would like to purchase, download and print it. It is under $10. US dollars.
Summer Learning:Here are some summer activities for students to do over the summer:
- READING and being READ to every day!
- Writing journal: Make a summer writing journal and have the students write sentences about the fun activities they do every day.
- Websites for kids to use over the summer can be found here.
- Having time for physical play- running, jumping, climbing, swimming. (gonoodle.com is a great website for staying active inside when temperatures are hot).
- Make playdough together with your child (the recipe can be found here).
- Use blocks, puzzles, legos and playdough to build and create with. Encourage your child to maintain focus on the activity for at least 20 minutes and tidy it up themselves afterwards.
- Coloring, cutting, painting, to create their own projects.
- Play-dates with other children.
- Stay on a good routine and schedule.
- For fine motor development: for information and ideas of how to work with your child, click here.
- Practice Dolch sight word list- Find the list here. Practice reading and spelling the words in a fun way. Some examples are found here.
- If you are interested in practice worksheets, you can find a good packet here (you will need to purchase, download and print it yourself).
Have a safe, relaxing summer.