In this unit we will explore the purposes of homes, different types of homes, and why we have homes.
Transdisciplinary Theme: Where We Are In Place and Time
Central Idea: There are different kinds of homes.
Lines of Inquiry:
- What makes a home
- Who needs homes
- Similarities and differences in types of homes
Learner Profile Focus: Knowledgable
Attitudes: Creativity, appreciation
Key Concepts: Form, function, causation
Approaches to Learning:
- Social Skills: Cooperating
- Thinking Skills: Acquisition of Knowledge, Application
- Research Skills: Planning
- Self-management: Fine Motor Skills