It was a fun filled Book Week at UAS in the PreK class! In addition to our regular reading activities, on Wednesday we read with book buddies in KG2, Ms. McCarthy’s class. Then on Thursday we participated in the elementary Book Character Parade. We had great costumes inspired by our favorite books. Check out our instagram account (Ms.Lisa.UAS) to see pictures from the Book Character Parade.
Sunday, March 10th and Monday, March 11th are Student-led Conference days, so there is no school for students. Please sign-up for a student-led conference time as soon as possible using the parent portal (synergetic). Your child should accompany you to your conference time as well. Please send me a dojo message if you have any questions about these conferences.
Next week, we will continue to focus on our unit of inquiry about insects. Our focus questions are “Where do insects live? How do they live?”. We will focus on animal habitats and homes in our discussions and read alouds.
The objectives we will focus on are:
- 2b Establishes and sustains positive relationships: Respond to emotional cues
- 8b Listens to and understands increasingly complex language: comprehends language
- 11 Demonstrates positive approach to learning: shows curiosity and motivation
- 13 Uses classification skills
- 15b Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminate discrete units of sounds.
- 18a Interacts during reading experiences, book conversations and text reflections
- 18c Retells stories and recounts details from information texts
- 20a Counts
- 24 Uses scientific inquiry skills
- 25 Demonstrates the knowledge of characteristics of living things
We will read the following books:
- A Look Inside an Ant’s Nest
- A Look Inside a Beehive
- Waiting for Wings
Have a great weekend!