I was a great week in PreK. It’s hard to believe we only have 4 more weeks together! We continued to learn about simple machines in large group and small group time. This week we looked at different types of screws and how they hold things together.
Next week we will learn about other types of simple machines including pulleys and wheel and axel. Our focus question for next week is “What are other types of simple machines?”.
The objectives we will focus on next week are:
- 12a Remembers and connects experiences: Recognizes and recalls
- 12b Remembers and connects experiences: Make connections
- 13 Uses classification skills
- 16a Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet: Identifies and names letters
- 16b Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet: Identifies letter-sound correspondences
- 17a Uses and appreciates books and other texts
- 17b Uses concepts of print
- 18a Comprehends and responds to books and other texts: Interacts during reading experiences, book conversations, and text reflections
- 20a Counts
- 20b Quantifies
- 20c Connects Numerals to quantities
- 23 Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
Our PreK End of Year Celebration will take place on Monday, June 10th from 8:30 to 9:30. We will have a short performance and a certificate ceremony followed by breakfast food and drinks. Please sign up for bring a breakfast item using this link. The celebration will take place in room 214. Please plan to arrive at 8:20 to drop off your food and we will start at 8:30. We hope you will be able to join us for this special event!
Library:Our last library lesson will be Monday, June 17th. The last day of student and parent check out is the week of June 2nd. All library books are due June 13th.
Finally, the last day of PreK is Tuesday, June 18th.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about any of this information.
Have a great weekend!