We had a great week in PreK! We continued to learn about simple machines and inclined planes. Today was Ms. Derhyll’s last day before she goes on maternity leave. We are sad to see her leave but we wish her and her family all the best! Ms. Shara and Ms. Darlene will be joining us for the rest of the school year.
Next week we will continue to learn about simple machines by exploring levers. Some simple examples are levers are seesaws, scissors, and door handles. Our focus question will be “How are levers used?”. We will be exploring examples of levers and how levers work.
The objectives we will focus on are:
- 7a Demonstrates fine-motor strength and coordination: Uses fingers and hands
- 9a Expanding expressive vocabulary.
- 15b Alliteration
- 15c Notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 16a Letter identification
- 16b Letter sound correspondence
- 18a Interacts during reading experiences, book conversations and text reflections
- 19b Demonstrates writing skills: Writes to convey ideas and information
- 20c Connects numerals with their quantities
We will read the following books:
- The Napping House
- B is for Bulldozer
Thank you for a great week and have a lovely weekend!