It was a great week in PreK! We started our unit on simple machines. So far we have talked about what we know about simple machines and the different types of simple machines.
A special thank you to all the parents that contributed to Ms. Derhyll’s surprise party for her baby boy. Ms. Derhyll will be going on maternity leave on May 9th. We will miss her and wish her and her family all the best!
We will continue our unit next week by exploring inclined planes. Our focus question for next week will be “How do inclined planes help us move things?”.
The objectives we will focus on are:
- 11c Solves problems
- 15b Notices and discriminates alliteration
- 15c Notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 16a Identifies and names letters
- 16b Letter sound correspondence
- 20b Uses number concepts and operations: quantifies
- 21a Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes
- 23 Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
- 24 Uses scientific inquiry skills
- 26 Demonstrates knowledge of the physical properties of objects and materials
We will read the following books next week:
- B is for Bulldozer
- One Mole Digging a Hole
Just a friendly reminder that Sunday, May 5th is the start of our Ramadan schedule. School hours for PreK and KG1 are 8:30am to 1:20pm. Children may be dropped off on the early years playground starting at 8:10am as that is when supervision will start. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!