It was a fun week in PreK with our field trip to the Green Planet on Wednesday. Thank you to the parent volunteers that were able to join us on the field trip. The children had a great time learning about different insects and animals that live in the rainforest. It was a great extension experience for our unit of inquiry on insects.
Next week we will be looking at how insects grow and change. We will be learning about insect life cycles. Our focus question for the week is “How do insects change?”.
The objectives we will be focusing on are:
- 4 Traveling skills
- 7a Demonstrates fine motor strength & coordination: uses fingers and hands
- 8a Listens to and understands increasingly complex language: Comprehends language
- 9a Uses language to express thoughts and needs
- 15a Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates rhyme
- 15b Notices and discriminates alliteration
- 15c notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 20a Counts
- 20c Connects numerals with their quantities
- 21a Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes: Understands spatial relationships
- 23 Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
- 24 Uses scientific inquiry skills
- 25 Demonstrates knowledge of the characteristics of living things
We will read the following books:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Waiting for Wings
- The Crunching Munching Caterpillar
Next week is also the last week before Spring Break. Spring Break is from March 29th until April 13th. School with resume on Sunday, April 14th. Thursday, March 28th will be an early release day for the whole school.
Thank you for a great week and have a lovely weekend!