It was a short school week in PreK. We started the week with Student-led conferences. Thank you to all the students and parents that were able to attend. The children enjoyed showing what they are working on at school and the progress they have made in their learning.
Next week, we will continue our unit of inquiry about insects. Our focus question for the week is “What insects are in our community?”. We will focus on looking at insects in our surrounding environment. We will also take a field trip to Green Planet on March 20th to learn about different types of insects and animals.
The objectives we will focus on next week are:
- 8a Listens to and understands increasingly complex language: Comprehends language
- 9a Uses language to express thoughts and needs: Uses an expanding expressive vocabulary
- 12b Remembers and connects experiences: Makes connections
- 15a Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates rhyme
- 15b Notices and discriminates alliteration
- 19b Writes to convey ideas and information
- 20a Number concepts and operations: Counts
- 21 Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes
- 23 Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
- 24 Uses scientific inquiry skills
- 25 Demonstrates knowledge of the characteristics of living things
- 28 Uses tools and technologies to perform tasks
We will read the following books:
- The Grouchy Ladybug
- Insect Quest: Hide and Seek
- The Very Busy Spider
Thanks and have a great weekend!