We had a great week in PreK! Wednesday was sports day. We had a great time participating in the different activities. Thank you to all the parents that were able to come join us and cheer for us. We had a great day!
Next week, we will be continuing our insects unit of inquiry. Our focus question for the week will be “What are the characteristics of insects?”. We will be focusing on the basic characteristics of all insects, including:
- All insects have three body parts- Head, thorax, and an abdomen
- All insects have 6 legs
- All insects have antenna or feelers
The objects we will focus on for next week are:
- 4 Demonstrates travelling skills
- 5 Demonstrates balancing skills
- 10a Uses appropriate conversational and other communication skills
- 15a Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition
- 18b Comprehends and responds to books and other texts: Uses emergent reading skills
- 18c Comprehends and responds to books and other texts: Retells stories and recounts details from informational texts
- 20c Connects Numerals with their quantities
- 21b Understanding shapes
- 23 Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
- 22 Measures objects
- 36 Explores drama through actions and language
We will read the following books:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Ants’ Nest
- Under the Lemon Moon
- Look Inside a Beehive
Next week is also the UAS Elementary Book Week. During the week, we will participate in different reading and literacy activities. The week will end with a Book Character Parade on Thursday, March 7th at 8:05am. Children are to come to school dressed up as their favorite book character. Parents are also welcome to come watch the parade on the elementary school playground. Please let me know if you have any questions about Book Week or the Book Character Parade.
Thank you and have a lovely weekend!