It has been a busy week in PreK! We have started unpacking our new unit of inquiry on buildings. Our focus question was “What do the buildings in our neighborhood and other places look like?”. We have been talking about our homes, buildings in our neighborhood, and famous buildings in Dubai. The children have enjoyed looking at pictures of different buildings and talking about the similarities and differences. We have been reading the Three Little Pigs, so we have been talking about what different buildings are made of as well.
Wednesday, November 14th and Thursday, November 15th are Parent Teacher Conferences. There is no school for students. You can sign up using the UAS Parent Portal. See instructions to book your appointment here. If you are having technical problems please contact email@example.com. The booking system on the Parent Portal will close on Sunday, November 11 at 4:00pm. Please be sure to select your appointments by that time. We kindly ask that you complete this Google Form (PreK) for each of your children in PreK as well.
Our focus question for next week is “What is special about our building?”. We will take a closer look at our school and learn about our building. We will also have two special visitors come to talk about how they work with buildings.
The objectives we will focus on are:
- 12a: Remembers and connects experiences: Recognizes and recalls
- 15c: Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonic skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 16a: Demonstrated knowledge of the alphabet: Identifies and names letters
- 20a: Uses number concepts and operations: Counts
- 20b: Uses number concepts and operations: Quantifies
- 21b: Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes: Understands shapes
- 22a: Compares and measures: Measures objects
The books we will read are:
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- 10 Little Ducks
- Rhyming Dust Bunnies
Have a wonderful weekend!