This week was packed full of learning and fun. On Sunday, we looked at our new unit which is a study on buildings. The central idea is of our unit is: The construction and use of buildings can transform a community. Monday we participated in the Breast Cancer Awareness Walkathon and kicked off the Dubai Fitness Challenge at UAS. Wednesday was Halloween. The children participated in the UAS parade and then went trick or treating in the early years hallway. On Thursday, we celebrated UAE Flag Day, made Halloween crafts, and carved our class pumpkin. This week in small groups we focused on identifying numerals 1 to 5 and counting quantities.
We will continue our new unit by looking at buildings in our neighborhood. Please send in pictures of buildings that are important to your child, such as a picture of your home or a favorite place in your neighborhood.
The objectives we will focus on next week are:
- 12a: Remembers and connects experiences: Recognizes and recalls
- 15a: Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonic skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates rhyme
- 15c: Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonic skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 16a: Demonstrated knowledge of the alphabet: Identifies and names letters
- 20b: Uses number concepts and operations: Quantifies
- 21a: Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes: Understands spatial relationships
- 23: Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
- 35: Explores dance and movement concepts
The books we will read this week are:
- Buildings, Buildings, Buildings
- Changes, Changes
- The Three Little Pigs
- House Sweet House
Thank you for a great week. Please check out our Flickr page for pictures from Halloween and Flag Day.