This week we our focus questions were “Who builds buildings” and “What tools do they use”. We discussed the different jobs required to build buildings and the types of tools these workers use. The children had the opportunity to explore different tools in our blocks center as well. In small groups, we focused on bookmaking this week. We also had our first free flow experience with KG1. The children were risk-takers and went to new classrooms and worked with new friends. We will continue free flow this coming week as well on Thursday. Please have your child wear their red shirt on Thursday.
A special thank you to all our families for coming to Friendsgiving on Thursday. It was a wonderful afternoon and the children really enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with their families and friends.
Our focus questions for next week will be “What are buildings made of?” and “What makes them strong?”. We will look at different building materials and start making our own buildings.
The objectives we will focus on next week are:
- 8b Listens to and understands increasingly complex language: Follows directions
- 9a Uses language to express thoughts and needs: Uses an expanding expressive vocabulary
- 15b Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition:Notices and discriminates alliteration
- 21b: Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes: Understands shapes
- 22a Compares and measures: Measures object
- 26 Demonstrates knowledge of the physical properties of objects and materials
- 35 Explores dance and movement concepts
We will read the following books:
- The Three Little Pigs
- Building A House
- Build It From A- Z
Thank you and have a wonderful week!