Our focus questions this week were “How do we make and keep friends?” and “How can we be part of a group?”. We read several books about friendship including Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems. We also played a singing game in which the children practiced how to ask friends to play with them. We also finished painting our gingerbread men.
Next week we will complete our first mini-study. Our focus questions for the week are “What sounds do we hear at school?”and “Where do they come from?”.
The objectives we will focus on are:
- 8b Follows directions
- 15a Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates rhyme
- 15c Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills, and word recognition: Notices and discriminates discrete units of sound
- 16a Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet: identifies and names letter
- 18c Comprehends and responds to books and other texts: Retells stories and recounts details from informational texts
- 19a Demonstrate writing skills: writes names
- 20b Uses number concepts and operations: Quantifies
Our books this coming week are:
Our library day is Monday. Please return your child’s book on Monday so they can check out another book.
Picture day is October 17th. Please remember to send your child to school wearing their UAS polo shirt for picture day.
Have a wonderful weekend!