We had a great week together in PreK. The nursery rhymes we sang this week were Hickory Dickory Dock and One, Two Buckle My Shoe. In small groups, we focused on identifying letters in our first names as well as using positional words (in, on, behind, in front of, next to, etc).
Next week we will focus on the following questions:
- When do things happen at school?
- We will continue to focus on learning our daily schedule. Our schedule is an important part of our day and having a predictable schedule help the children feel safe and secure. We will also continue to talk about the signals we use during the day to know when we transition from one activity to another.
- Who works at our school?
- We will talk about the different people that work at our school. We will have a few school workers visit the classroom to talk about their jobs at UAS. Ms. Karen, Ms. Gloria, and Ms. Fox will visit the classroom and the children will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the people in our school community.
The main objectives we will focus on next week are:
- 11b Demonstrates positive approaches to learning
- 16a Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet: identifies and names letter
- 15b Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonics skills and word recognition: Notices and discriminates alliteration.
- 18a Comprehends and responds to books and other texts: Interacts during reading experiences, book conversations and text reflections
- 20a Uses number concept and operations
- 21b Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes: understands shapes
- 22a,c Compares and measures: measures objects and represents and analyzes data.
- 30 Shows basic understanding of people and how they live
- 36 Explores drama through actions and language
In small groups, we will focus on measuring, analyzing data as well as comparing objects of various sizes.
Our stories for next week will be The Gingerbread Man, The Neighborhood Song, and Papi, How Many Stars Are in the Sky.
If you would like to be a room parent, please email me at email@example.com.
Please check out our Flickr page for pictures from the week.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!