Great week in KG2LA. Ms Hanna was so impressed with the behaviour of KG2LA on the trip to the desert. I was very proud of them all!
This week we have been learning…
- We have been focusing our writing about all the things we saw in the desert, labeling and writing sentences about our trip.
- We have continued reading our leveled books, taking care to sound out our words and use our sight word knowledge to increase fluency. Please can I remind all parents to bring home reader books to school each day so I can read those books in guided reading sessions with groups.
- In maths we have been using our rulers to measure various items around the school. We have also introduced the balance scales and children have been comparing the weight of two items.
- We celebrated Valentine’s day by making some crowns and cards for our loved ones. We shared a beautiful story called ‘Somebody Loves You Mr Hatch’- here is the online link…
- We also celebrated Chinese New year by reading a Chinese story and making Chinese lanterns.
Notes and Reminders…
- Art starts on Sunday
- On Tuesday 20th is Sports day. Please send your child to school in yellow clothing and sports shoes. Sports day will kick off around 8.30am and once we are due to finish around 11am. You may take your child home with you once we are finished, if you do this please make sure you inform Rozalia in attendance when you leave.
- There is a cookie sale happening on Thursday 22nd Feb after the children have eaten lunch. Cookies are 5 aed each and all proceeds go to ‘Make a Wish Foundation’ in Dubai. Please send any money in an envelope with your child’s name on.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Arabian Wildlife Farm trip on Monday 26th of February, please email me directly,
Thanks!!! Have a great weekend.