Tomorrow is a dress up day. Students are asked to wear traditional or celebration type attire.
Note from the ES Blog:
Hag Al Laila Celebration
This coming Tuesday, May 1st, our elementary school “Moms” in collaboration with the High School Emirati Club will host a celebration for the UAS traditional celebration for “Hag Al Laila”
Emirati children are celebrating a tradition that is hundreds of years old to mark the arrival of Ramadan, known as Hag Al Laila. The annual event, which means ‘For this Night’, is one of the Emirati traditional celebrations in the middle of Sha’aban, the eighth month of the Islamic Hijri calendar, which sees children going from door-to door to sing and collect sweets and treats from neighbors, who have been preparing for the occasion throughout the week.
For the UAS Elementary School Celebration, our ES Moms and Emirati Club have organized the following:
- All ES students are asked to wear traditional “celebratory” clothes to school on Tuesday, May 1st.
- The Grade 3 students will parade through the elementary hallways singing a Hag Al Laila song as taught by the Emirati Club in grade 3 music classes this week. All Pre K through Grade 5 students will gather outside their classrooms to observe this parade. (if a family does not wish their grade 3 child to participate, please contact Mr. Dorn).
- Upon conclusion of the parade both the ES Moms and HS Emirati Club will distribute candy to all ES students within the students’ classrooms.
- Additionally, the HS Emirati Club has set up festive tents to promote cultural awareness, holiday activities and festive foods that grade 3 through grade 5 students may visit during the school day.
Student Led Conferences are here! We are excited for you to come in and see all of the work and learning that has gone on so far this year. Your child is excited to share his/her work and activities that we do in the classroom! Here are a few reminders and guidelines for Wednesday and Thursday:
* You and your child will come to the room at your schedule time. Please be on time, so your child will be able to show you around the room and talk to you about their learning the entire 30 minutes. There are an average of 3 students per time slot. There is lots of space and activities around the room for your child to share with you.
* Your child will be responsible for guiding you to the different areas that he/she chooses. I have discussed this with the students and I have instruction in each area to help guide them. There is also information on my board as well if they need some guidance on what to do or show you. With that being said my job is to watch and enjoy listening to them talking about their learning and showing their work. I have added a few fun activities for you to participate in as well! I will not be interrupting or guiding them in anyway unless they are completely stuck.
* This conference is intended for the students to show their progress throughout this year and celebrate the learning that has taken place. We have been looking at their work, discussing what they are proud of, and goals that they have for the remainder of the school year. Please encourage them to share with you information they have learned and ask them questions. Students have full control over this conference! They are being risk takers!
* Remember: At the Student Led Conferences I will not be able to answer any personal questions about your child’s academics and progress. This is not the correct time or place to have conversations about your child, especially with multiple families in the room. It is an opportunity for your child to share wonderful learning experiences with you. I am happy to set up a conference the following week to discuss any questions you might have.
I am excited to see the students in action! See you on Wednesday or Thursday!
Student Led Conferences:
Dear Parents and Families of Universal American School,
This is a reminder to sign up for Student Led Conferences via Synergetic. The letter with instructions for the sign-up is here.
Please complete your sign up by 2:00 pm on Tuesday.
We are excited to see how your students will be able to describe their learning to you!
Elementary School Administration Team
Field Trip Reminder:
Please make sure that you return the field trip permission slip and AED 30 tomorrow!
Reminder that the book fair is going on in the Elementary School library till Wednesday afternoon. If you would like to send money with your child to purchase books, we will be going tomorrow before lunch!
Monday, April 30th, we will have a field trip that is conducted in school! We have a company coming to the school to provide the students with an exciting and engaging science lesson over the four seasons! The company is coming to us instead of us going to them. How neat! Today the permission form will be going home in their pink folders. Please be on the look out!
Please return the permission form and money as soon as possible,
April 19 – May 3, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the elementary arts alive is officially on view! Our KG2 – 5th Grade students have worked hard since the beginning of the year to create the many different artworks currently hanging in the front and back lobby.
Due to the large number of students, only one artwork per student was chosen to be displayed. Parents are encouraged to collect the rest of their child’s art portfolio from the art room during Student Led Conferences.
Enjoy all the amazing art!
– Art teachers
Just wanted to send a friendly reminder that students need to bring their swimming stuff on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday as they will continue swimming during PE.
Also, please sign up for student led conferences this week on Wednesday and Thursday. Students have those two days off!
We will be going to Dubai Opera House on Thursday for our field trip. We will be leaving the school around 9:15. If you volunteer to be a chaperone, please plan on being here at that time. The tour begins at 10:00 if you are meeting us at the Dubai Opera House. Please make sure the students bring there lunch that day as we are unsure if we will be back in time for lunch in the cafeteria. If we arrive back pass 11:30, students will be eating in the classroom.
Due to the field trip, there will be NO swimming on Thursday. Please make sure that students wear their school uniforms.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 … 12 Next