The counselors at UAS are amazing! Please check out their blog, which is under General Links to the right. They have a letter about what they will be doing in the classroom during the month of October.
I have attached the Home Link Worksheet, which is a great resource to use with your child after Mr. Fields does his first lesson. He will be coming in every Tuesday from 10-10:30 to complete a lesson for the month of October.
Bullying Prevention Lesson 1- Home LInk (G1)-27fky4t
Birthdays for the month of October! Happy birthday Noor!
Last week we continued to practice reading with partners. The students got the chance to read with Mrs. Yates’s class. They had a blast doing this and were engaged in their books!
* We have completed swimming as of Wednesday. Please make sure that students have tennis shoes for PE.
* Tuesday is an early release day. Students get dismissed at 2:00.
* Please make sure that students are bringing hats and wattle bottles for recess.
* Mark your calendars! Back to School Night is scheduled for October 2nd.
* If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attached is an information sheet regarding our current Unit of Inquiry. Students will be role playing this week and practicing using words through iMessages to explain what emotions they have during conflict. Students will also work as a class to come up with resolutions when we are faced with conflicts.
UOI: Who We Are
UAS Positive Choice Wheel
Last week, students in 1KP were engaged in lots of activities around the school. Students went to the library for the first time this year. They were able to check out a new book, which they were encouraged to take home with them. Students learned last week that there are multiple ways to read a book, whether its through pictures, words, or retelling. We practiced these ways as we get ready to start rotations this upcoming week. Here are some snapshots of students.
Students are fully engaged in finding numbers throughout the classroom and also counting different items. Students participated in a scavenger hunt where they had to use their knowledge of numbers to complete the task.
Keep up the good work 1KP!
Just wanted to share a few friendly reminders for the week:
* Swimming continues this week. Please make sure they have their swim bags with them!
* Tuesday is early dismissal. Students pick up time is 2:00 and will dismiss from the classroom.
* No school on Thursday!