This Week in Grade Five
Your child will be inquiring into the following questions this week:
- How do I solve multi-digit multiplication using different strategies?
- How can the use of estimation help us make logical problem solving decisions?
- How do we solve problems with whole numbers and decimals?
- How do we identify themes across multiple texts?
- How do the choices an author makes in their writing affect the final story?
- What are some of the goals and techniques we can identify that authors have used?
- What are some ways we can use figurative language to improve our narrative writing?
- What are some strategies we can use to end our narrative writing pieces?
Unit of Inquiry: How We Organize Ourselves
- What do businesses need to be successful?
- What business do I want to create with my group? (continued into next week)