This Week in Grade 5…
Your child will be inquiring into the following questions this week:
- How to add and subtract numbers and decimals using place value concepts, not traditional algorithms.
- How can reading about characters help us understand the theme of a book?
- What can we learn from seeing a situation from another character’s (or person’s) perspective?
- How can we use specific writing strategies to revise our work?
Unit of Inquiry: How We Organize Ourselves
- What is economics? What are some of the important concepts in economics?
- How is economics connected to our lives?