This week in Grade 5…
Your child will be inquiring into the following questions this week:
- Unit 1 Assessment:
- What math skills and concepts can I demonstrate?
- What do I need to continue to work on?
- What strategies can we use to improve our estimation skills?
- What different algorithms can we use to add whole numbers and decimals?
- How can we think analytically about a text?
- What revising strategies can we use to improve the quality of our reading responses?
- What strategies can we use to understand characters?
- What is a small moment, and how can I use it to write effectively?
- What can we learn from our workshop with an actual published author?
- How can we use the beginning of our stories (the leads) to make the reader curious?
Unit of Inquiry:
- What features are common to all forms of communication?
- What are excellent and poor examples of specific forms of communication?