-Homework menus will be due Thursday, October 19.
Continuing to working on Realistic Fiction, reading intensely, and focusing on our reading.
We will begin drafting our realistic fiction story.
Unit 1 IPPs will go out next week.
We are starting Unit 2 – Using Numbers and Organizing Data
- I can use basic addition facts to solve extended fact problems.
- I can give equivalent names for numbers.
- I can read and write numbers to the millions place, identify place values in such numbers, and calculate the value of the digits in those places.
- I can demonstrate that I understand that each place value space is 10 times greater than the space to its right.
- I can write a multi-digit number in expanded form.
- I can add multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
- I can subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard or trade-first algorithm.
- I can make and analyze a tally chart and line plot using data measured to the whole or 1/2 unit.
Next week we will be finishing up our first unit of inquiry with students completing a summative assessment task. Students will work in small groups to create their own community. Students will need to decide on a form of government as well as systems that would be important to their community and citizens. The groups will work together to design a presentation for the class and need to be able to thoroughly explain why they have selected the systems for their communities.