Blog Update: February 27, 2020
Dear 3rd Grade Parents,
Sports Day was by far the highlight of our week! Students not only had a great time, but were able to practice all important teamwork and sportsmanship skills. It was also great to see that we have so many talented Grade 3 athletes!
Dates to Remember:
- March 1st: PD Day – No school for students
- March 15-16th: Student-Led Conferences
- March 19th: End of season 2 ASAs
- March 26th: Noon dismissal
- March 29th – April 9th: Spring Break
- April 12th: Classes resume
- Reading: We will continue our next reading unit consisting of Book Clubs and researching a variety of animals in small groups.
- Writing: Students will continue nonfiction writing, applying the skills we worked on in the previous unit with more ownership and independence.
- Math: We will continue Unit 4, of Measurement and Fractions. Students will gain an understanding of equivalent fractions, fractions as a whole, and fractions as a part of a group.
- Unit of Inquiry: Students will begin their inquiry into the adaptations and life cycles of various organisms. This will tie in beautifully with our reading and writing units. We’re excited!
Have a wonderful long weekend and keep reading!
Grade 3 Team