Blog Update: February 20, 2020
Dear 3rd Grade Parents,
We have had an amazing week learning this week. Students worked diligently to complete the process of publishing their writing and are very proud of their final pieces.
Dates to Remember:
- February 27th: Sports Day – 12:30 – 2:45pm
- March 1st: PD Day – No school for students
- March 15-16th: Student-Led Conferences
- March 19th: End of season 2 ASAs
- March 26th: Noon dismissal
- March 29th – April 9th: Spring Break
- April 12th: Classes resume
- Reading: We will begin our next reading unit consisting of Book Clubs and researching a variety of animals in small groups.
- Writing: Students will begin the next unit of nonfiction writing, applying the skills we worked on in the previous unit with more ownership and independence.
- Math: We will continue Unit 4, of Measurement and Fractions. Students will gain an understanding of fractions.
- Unit of Inquiry: Students will begin their inquiry into the adaptations and life cycles of various organisms. This will tie in beautifully with our reading and writing units. We’re excited!
Have a wonderful long weekend and keep reading!
Grade 3 Team