Dear 3rd Grade Parents,
We have had a wonderful week of learning culminating with our science incursion on Thursday. It was wonderful to see the children so engaged and inquiring into food sustainability.
Dates to Remember:
- February 16th: Professional Development Day – No school for students
- February 27th: Sports Day
- Reading: We will conclude our unit on nonfiction expository texts and reflect on whether they have achieved their reading goals, as well as set new nonfiction reading goals for the remainder of the year.
- Writing: Students will work on and complete their published draft of their nonfiction books they have been working on and review the skills and knowledge they are now applying when writing nonfiction. We will share our books across the grade level to lift up the children’s success and achievement.
- Math: We will continue Unit 4, of Measurement and Fractions. Students will delve into the measurement of time, capacity and mass.
- Unit of Inquiry: The children will work on the summative assessment of applying their knowledge of the design process by designing or developing an invention that will help sustainability.
Have a wonderful long weekend and keep reading!
Grade 3 Team